“These new facilities are humane, hygienic and meet with international best practice”
Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Michael McDowell. (Cloverhill Prison, Ireland, December 2005)
The Gold Medal product has been installed in countless prisons and assisted prison officers to safely preform their duties throughout the world. Click to read more information on the Irish Independant news article on our seclusion room safety padding projects for the Irish Prision Service.
Gold Medal Safety Padding is seclusion room safety padding, specifically designed for prisons where violent behaviour may result in injury to the inmate, prison officers or damage to the room.
The main benefits are:
- Virtually indestructible, no ligature points and withstands attempts to rip, gouge, or otherwise damage. Gold Medal seclusion rooms installed in 1973 are still in active use today. With the correct care our rooms will last indefinitely.
- International brand name trusted throughout the commercial world for 40 years.
- Gold Medal Safety Padding is a specified product (USA, Ireland, Australia & Canada) & preferred choice in new builds.
- When completed, our seclusion room padding is uniform & smooth, with no cracks or open seams, unlike competing products.
- Completely self extinguishing, as demonstrated by extensive fire testing & certificates.
- Easily cleaned: detergents will not harm the surface & non-slip surface is completely fungus resistant.
- Can be installed in any existing seclusion room or cell and can fit any style of room.
The seclusion room, custody suite or time-out room padding product is not intended to replace established prison management practices and policies, but to supplement them in order to provide a safe environment for the inmates and prison officers.
Gold Medal Gallery. click to enlarge.